Wednesday 25 August 2010

Art Deco Birthday card - for a man

Well now for something completely different, instead of vintage, Art Deco. I did the card in this style as I was asked to make this card for a friends' boyfriend, and I'm not very good at making cards for men unless I really know them. Anyway here's my attempt...






































































The main design in the middle was made by me, here is the template if you wish to use it 
I printed out three times and cut them out like this...












The embossed lines on the silver silk mirri card were made using my Scor-pal. The rhinestone 30 I bought and the only embellishments used were some rhinestone brads and peel offs.
Inside the card the diamond embossing was done using the smallest square Nestabilitie and again the lines were made using the Scor-pal. The poem I found on the web. I'm not sure I like it, but I think that maybe because I didn't distress anything :oD Anyway I hope she likes it. Thank you for looking, oh here's another Art Deco template I made
















Take care and keep smiling.

1 comment:

Els G. said...

Wow Ann, you are a genuine artist!!! I've always been fond of Art Deco, but never thought of using the typical style in cardmaking! It's gorgeous and I find the no nonsense style is perfect for a man.
Hugs from Belgium.
Els
xxx